In Punggol View Primary School, all P1 and P2 students undergo Programme for Active Learning (PAL) modules during school hours. With these modules spread over the two years, we hope to provide our students with broad-based exposure in the areas of Sports and Games, Outdoor Education, Visual and Performing Arts and an avenue for learning values and Social Emotional skills.
The 6 modules offered are:
PAL lessons are experiential, fun and enjoyable for the students.
It allows them to learn in a creative way, and gives them the opportunity to create.
Through PAL, we would like to students to:
· Learn to express themselves clearly
· Develop confidence
· Develop a sense of curiosity and positive attitude towards school and learning
· Develop greater awareness of self and others
· Learn to manage relationships and work in teams
· Learn to make responsible decisions
Students record their experiences via reflection and journalling . In Primary 2, they get to share their learning experience using photographs, written reflection and other artefacts with their parents during Parent-Teacher Conference.